Friday, May 14, 2010

No Nos

Maybe it's the rebel in me, but  I have recently taken to cooking a forbidden potato or two at dinnertime despite my general adherence to the South Beach Diet. Tonight they were twice-baked, where one bakes the potato, cuts it in half and scoops out the pulp which is then combined with cream, salt and white pepper and butter (which I omitted to assuage my guilt). Meanwhile the skins are baked to a crisp and then refilled with the creamy mixture and toppped with cheese and other things of favor. They are then put in the oven for the second bake. Really it's thrice baked if we are talking all parts and pieces.

They were a great fall off the wagon and as good a one as a great big Devil's Food Cake. I cooked Medallions of Pork Tenderloin with shallots, and roasted sweet corn with assorted peppers and peas to accompany. A budget Pinot Grigio washed it all down. Summer might be here despite the economic depression. Time to hit Phase One again.

No comments: